You are here: Check Engine Light Home > Chrysler Check Engine Light Questions & Answers

ChryslerChrysler Check Engine Light Questions

This page will list all the Check Engine Light questions and answers asked of us pertaining to Chrysler vehicles. Some models include the PT Cruiser, Town & Country, Cirrus, and others.

See also - Dodge Check Engine Light - Jeep Check Engine Light

2000 Chrysler CirrusQuestion: I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus with 122,000 miles. Recently tranny has acted up, not shifting out of first and now constantly stalls, restarts, but now won't stay idling. Have checked codes with readings of P0725 and P0700. Where to start and how deep the trouble might be with the tranny would be appreciated. - Keith, January 2009

Answer: Hi Keith. Both codes (obviously) point to transmission related problems. The P0700 code means Transaxle Control System Fault Conditions and the DTC code P0725 code means Engine Speed Input Circuit. The P0700 code is for information only and the next step is to check for transaxle codes in the Transaxle Control Module (TCM). So you'll have to have the dealer or another qualified shop/technician pull the transaxle codes from the TCM and go from there. Good luck!

2001 Chrysler PT CruiserQuestion: I have a 2001 PT Cruiser with an error code P0301. I have replaced the spark plugs and wires. I still have the code and the car idles and runs poorly. Any suggestions? - Ed, September 2008

Answer: Hi Ed. The P0301 one of the more common codes. It's description is Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected. Replacing the spark plugs and wires is a good place to start if it needs a tune-up anyway. The P0301 code could be the result of a number of things - a faulty coil pack, a faulty fuel injector, poor compression, failed catalytic converter, faulty spark plug or wire, and there are a few other things. I'd start by checking if there is spark going to that plug (use a spark plug wire tester). If that's good, check out things like compression & the fuel injector. Read up on this article and see if it's something you can tackle or if you should take it to a qualified technician - P0301, also see this other P0301 article. Good luck!