1999 Toyota Camry - P0773 Engine Light Code
Hi, I have a 99 Toyota Camry with over 260,000 miles, it runs great but check engine light came on with a trouble code of P0773. Can you let me know what this code is thanks
Vehicle: 1999 Toyota Camry
Codes: P0773 (Transmission Shift Solenoid "E" Electrical)
Scott from Minnesota
Hi Scott. First off let me explain the code on your Toyota Camry. A P0773 code is Transmission Shift Solenoid "E" Electrical. Basically that means that there is an electrical or mechanical problem with one of the shift solenoids as part of the transaxle / transmission, the associated wiring, or the PCM.
- Failed ECM (engine control module)
- Failed / short in the shift solenoid electrical system (wiring and/or connectors)
- Failed shift solenoid valve SL
To diagnose the problem, you'll want to narrow down where the problem lies. I found some good troubleshooting steps here, which basically involve checking :
- The resistance between terminal SL of the ECM and the chassis ground;
- The harness and connector between the ECM and automatic connector transaxle solenoid
- The shift solenoid valve SL
Please read the instructions in that link to get a feel for whether this is something you can perform yourself. If you have any doubts, please consult a qualified mechanic. Good luck!